March 20, 2020
In accordance to the latest Public Health recommendations, as well as recommendations of our regulatory colleges and insurance providers, we will only be providing care to those that are considered "emergency or acute" cases. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, have traveled out of the country in the last 14 days or have been in contact with someone who has, we ask that you cancel immediately. We support the practice of social distancing and if you would like to cancel your appointment(s), please contact the front desk at 613-695-0266 or email@example.com to do so. Admin staff are keeping track of individuals who are cancelling their appointments and will contact you to reschedule when that is possible. No late cancellation or reschedule fees will apply at this time.
Please read the following updates for specific instructions by practitioner:
Dr. K. van der Veer:
Dr. van der Veer is available for emergency and/or acute patients during this time. Call the office as usual to set up your appointment. We are scheduling those patients in need at appropriately spaced times so as to avoid unnecessary social contact and allow us to adequately clean the office. Please do not come early to your appointment without checking ahead. Dr. van der Veer is monitoring the situation on a daily basis and will re-evaluate as needed.
Dr. K. Whitton:
Patients who are currently scheduled to see Dr. Whitton will be contacted by her to discuss pain situation and the need for appointments on a cases by case basis. All appointments deemed not emergent will be cancelled until April 6, 2020. If you have questions for Dr. Whitton or would like to request an appointment with her, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use this email rather than the email@example.com email to contact her.
Dr. Whitton will be offering phone or email (and possibly video) consultations to existing patients in order to provide support and care during this time. Dr. Whitton is monitoring the situation on a week to week basis and will re-evaluate as needed.
Cynthia Foubert, RMT:
Cynthia has cancelled all appointments for the current week (March 16 - 20, 2020) with a high probability of cancelling her appointments for next week (March 23-27, 2020). You will be contacted by the front desk staff if your appointment is cancelled.
For other information about how we are preventing the spread of COVID-19 in our clinic, please read our previous post here:
March 16, 2020:
* UPADTE: March 16, 2020 12:00pm EST
Presently, CORE Chiropractic and Performance Centre, remains open. We respect the Ottawa Public Health recommendation of social distancing, as well as only leaving your home for essential trips. If you feel you do not need to attend your appointment and are in a level of pain you can manage on your own, please feel free to contact the clinic and reschedule/cancel your appointment.
March 15, 2020:
In the wake of the declaration by the WHO of the COVID-19 virus as a pandemic, as well as increasing cases in Ottawa, we are taking steps to ensure the health and safety of our clinic:
- We ask that if you are experiencing any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus (or any other illness) including: fever, difficulty breathing, or cough, please contact the clinic via phone or email to reschedule your appointment.
- If you are in a high risk group for illness and/ or are worried about exposure risks and coming to your appointment, please contact the clinic via phone or email to reschedule your appointment.
- If you have recently travelled we ask that you follow the Government of Canada requirement of self-isolating for 14 days after returning from your trip and contact the clinic via phone or email to reschedule your appointment.
- Please wash your hands with warm water and soap frequently, refrain from touching your face and cough or sneeze into your elbow; avoid shaking hands or hugs.
- Our equipment, reception area and treatment rooms are being cleaned/ sanitized regularly to prevent the spread of any germs. Hand sanitizer is available in our reception area.
Again, we ask that you do not come to the clinic if you are sick, have travelled in the last 14 days or have been in contact with someone who is sick or has travelled. Please call the clinic at 613-695-0266 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the risk to Ontarian's still remains low and we are monitoring this situation closely.
If you have questions about the COVID-19 virus specifically, please use the following helpful links: